A very long sad week for Bronson (and me too!)
We took Brons to an urgent care on Friday night because he was breathing really fast and it seemed like he wasn't getting enough oxygen. The Dr did an x-ray on him to check for pnemonia, and also checked his oxygen levels which were really low, but the xrays were negative so he said that he was fine and sent us on our way! Well I knew he wasn't okay by the way he was breathing. So the next day he got a fever of 103 so I called the on call Dr for Dr Rose and they said I needed to take him to the ER....So off we went! We were there for a good 3 hours (by the way the ER on a Friday night is DISGUSTING!) He was finally admitted at 3 AM.
So they had to do an I.V and they poked him 6 times and still couldn't get a vein, so they had to start one in his head (OUCH!) It looked horrible and it was even more horrible watching it! It made me so sad to watch him go through that!
Every 4 hours the Respiratory therapist came in and put tubes down his nose and throat to suction him and then he had to have his blood drawn a few times....It was pure TORTURE! But they did get him feeling better. We had great nurses and he has an awesome pediatrician.

If there is a camera around, you can be sure to see Boston! He was so concerned for Brons, he kept asking where his brother was, and didn't like it when they made him cry




11 comments:
I am so glad that he is doing better! That is so scary, stressful, and sad. Poor baby!!
I'm glad he's feeling better!
Poor little guy. What a scary week you have had. I am glad to see that everything is better!! Hopefully the sickies will stay away!
That last picture is so stinkin cute of your boys. i hope little brons is feeling better, that breaks my heart.
So sad.....What a cutie he is, Boston too. I still thing that Bronsen looks like Stacy's girls.
Oh poor guy! That would have been rough. I'm glad he's feeling better! What a cutie.
That makes me sad seeing him like that! That's a cute picture of him and Boston though. Glad he is doing a lot better Ü
Oh that just breaks my heart!! Poor little guy and poor mommy:)I am glad he is feeling better though..
I am so glad he is doing better...what a scare huh?! Cooper got really sick when he was little and I felt so helpless seeing him in the hospital bed with IV's and all that.
ps. I really think you have 2 of the cutest boys!!
I didn't know about this! So scary and I am so glad he is okay!
Oh my heck that is horrible. The IV part is horrible. Poor guy. I am glad he is doing better. good thing he is young and will only remember all this by picutres. I love your picture taking too. Some day I will have you take trevs pict. Trev is sleeping better at night from the tubes. Thanks for your advice!
Post a Comment